Recipe by Lauren Sephton, @brightmomentco
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 15
Total Time: 25
- 1 lb chicken thighs or breasts, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 dried red chili
- 1” fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp hoisin
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or water to serve:
- sesame seeds
- basmati rice
- Toss the chopped chicken, flour, salt, and black pepper to evenly coat.
- In a large pot over medium high heat, heat up the olive oil for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken to cook for 5-6 minutes, until almost fully cooked and beginning to brown.
- Add the minced ginger, garlic, and red chili (or 1 habanero for substitute). Sauté for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the soy sauce, broth, sugar, flour, and hoisin sauce to stir until well combined.
- Cook until the sauce thickens to coat the chicken, about 4-6 minutes.
- Enjoy warm with basmati rice, scallions, and avocado, garnished with a lime slice and sesame seeds!