by CASEY CHEEK
Serves 2-4 | Prep Time: 0 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 lb rigatoni or penne
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 3/4 cup half & half, heavy cream, or plant-based milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup reserved pasta water
- Squeeze of lemon
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Boil the pasta according to package directions.
- In a large saucepan, heat the butter on medium low until it is melted and slightly browned.
- Add in the minced garlic and lemon zest and cook until fragrant.
- Stir in lemon juice and cook for a few minutes. Then add in the cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Lower heat and let it simmer until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add in the pasta water and let sauce thicken again.
- Add your al dente pasta to the pan and toss in the sauce.
- Stir in the parmesan a little at a time, stirring the pasta.
- Serve with some more parmesan and black pepper!