by @BRIGHTMOMENTCO / LAUREN SEPHTON
This Shockingly Easy Overnight Pizza Dough Recipe is awesome for weekends, easy to prep for celebrations, and fun for date nights at home!
Servings: 2 medium pizzas
Prep time: 10 minutes
Resting time: 8 hours
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 8 hours 20 minutes
- 2 1/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Active Dried Yeast
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp. Water
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, yeast, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the water and olive oil. Mix until a shaggy dough.
- Knead 3-4 minutes, until a smooth dough ball.
- Separate into 2 pieces, shape into a tight dough ball, and place in a large plate or individual bowls. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in the fridge overnight (8 hours and up to 3 days).
- To bake:
- Use your hands to gently stretch and shape the pizza crust.
- I recommend flouring your pizza tray with semolina flour (for pizza oven) or sheet pan with parchment paper and semolina flour (for conventional oven).
- Add the sauce, cheese, and favorite toppings. Drizzle the crust with a little olive oil.
- Bake in the pizza oven for 2-3 minutes. Or, bake in the conventional oven at 425 F for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown.