by SUSAN BOYOUNG BAILEY SCHABACKER
Wherever you are in your love life, and even if you feel like it’s lacking, reignite your relationship with real romance. If “I Can’t Get No Satisfaction” seems to constantly loop over and over in your mind and you feel unfulfilled no matter how hard you try, you’re not alone.
No need to despair this Valentine’s. Let this romantic and heartfelt holiday light your life with love. Here are some tips and tidbits, ideas and inspiration for you, whether you’re struggling with still being single or married for many decades.
- Music for mood and memories – No need to sit in silence. Pick out songs for a playlist that boosts your mood and sets the scene for the specific occasion, a high-energy party, intimate time for two, or an atmospheric soothing spa. Consider selecting songs of memory music that means the world to you, that remind you of good times, and that represent you, your love, and your relationship.
- Amp up the ambiance – As in photography, lighting has a lot to do with setting the entire mood and ambiance. So, ditch the harsh, bright fluorescent lights and opt for candles, fairy lights, and lanterns. No need to decorate with the overly ornate, but decking out your environment with some decor, plants, or fresh flowers can help grace the space.
- No need to wait for the love of your life to bring you a bouquet or hope to catch some bride’s on her wedding day! No harm or shame in treating yourself to fresh flowers (romantic love note included), like Cher from “Clueless.” For a DIY pure floral spray with aromatherapy ambiance, combine any combination of several drops each of rose, geranium, lavender, and chamomile essential oils with rose water and green or white tea or distilled water in a spray bottle. For an ideal facial toner, add witch hazel. Celebrate floral and “you” beauty, whether graced with a single rose, meadow flowers, or a custom bouquet. Women are like buds, blooms, blossoms – each one is beautiful and unique. Type “flower power” into the search bar at the top of forsythwoman.com to read the article “Empower With Flower Power: Celebrate Beautiful Buds, Blooms, and Blossoms, Reflecting You.”
- Mindfully Scent-ual experience, where the nose knows – Practice exercising more scent mindfulness. Transport into a scent-ual dimension using aromatherapy. Energize, stimulate and invigorate with essential oils like rosemary, peppermint, or eucalyptus, or soothe, relax, and calm with essential oils like lavender and chamomile.
- Libido-boosting good mood foods and savorable sippables – No need for a lagging libido. Research online for a list of edible and sippable aphrodisiacs, so you can plan out your meals accordingly. Not surprising – both strawberries and chocolate are aphrodisiacs, and so is eating them sensually.
- Resonate with real romance by spending some time thoughtfully reminiscing and reflecting. Ask yourself and your love what makes you feel most passionate, beautiful, and sexy.
- Tap into your inner poetess. Draw romantic inspiration from Shakespearean sonnets and other passionate poems – it doesn’t have to be a Thoreau writing approach; a short, sweet and simple haiku will do.
- Read and/or write your own romance novels (doesn’t have to be the raciest of raunchy reading, but it could ignite your imagination). Creatively expressing your deepest dreams, desires, and fantasies can help you act on and achieve them.
- Watch romantic comedies – An ideal partnering of romance and comedy, laughter has plenty of health benefits. Read more on why we need more laughter in our lives by typing in “laughter” in the search bar at the top of the page on forsythwoman.com.
- Ladies’ night in or out – Needing a break from romance? Have fun with your girlfriends, whether out and about, traveling on an excursion, a DIY spa, makeover party, arts and crafts, meal and movie night, or just chillin’.
Whether you’re single, dating, married, or complicated, have a happier Valentine’s Day and life!