Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
For the Steak Crostini:
- 1 Ciabatta Baguette
- 1 lb. Ribeye or NY Strip Steak
- 3 T Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- Fresh Chives, for garnishing
- Crushed Black Pepper, for garnishing
For the Creamy Horseradish Sauce:
- 1/2 cup Light Sour Cream
- 2 t Horseradish
- 2 t Fresh Chives
- 1 t Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. each: Salt & Black Pepper
- Let the steak sit out at room temperature for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to broil on HIGH.
- Slice the bread into twelve 1/2″ thick slices. Brush or drizzle both sides of the bread with olive oil.
- Toast for 2-3 minutes on each side. Keep an eye on it to ensure it doesn’t burn. While still warm, rub the bread slices with the garlic cloves.
- Heat up a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until hot, about 4-5 minutes.
- Season both sides of the steak with salt.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to the skillet, then carefully add the steak.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness.
- Let the steak rest for at least 3-5 minutes before slicing into 12 thick slices.
- In the meantime, mix all the sauce ingredients until well-combined.
- To assemble, add a slice of the steak onto each crostini, then a generous dollop of the sauce. Garnish with freshly chopped chives and crushed black pepper. Serve immediately while warm. Enjoy!