BY LAUREN SEPHTON
- 1 lb. Ground Chicken
- 1 lb. Ground Italian Pork Sausage (mild or spicy)
- 1/2 large Sweet Onion, finely diced
- 1 large Egg, whisked
- 1/3 cup Whole Milk
- 1/4 cup Panko, breadcrumbs
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, + more for browning the meatballs
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 2 1/2 cups Broth, chicken or beef
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1/4 cup Flour, all-purpose
- 3 tbsp. Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. each: Salt & Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- In a large frying pan over medium high heat, add in the teaspoon extra virgin olive oil to heat up for 1 minute. Add in the finely diced onions to sauté for 4-5 minutes, until fragrant. Remove the onions to a small bowl to cool and set aside the frying pan for later.
- In a large bowl, add the sautéed onions and remaining meatball ingredients. Mix all ingredients together until evenly distributed. Use approximately 1 tablespoon batter for each meatball, around 1″ diameter.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil into the large frying pan over medium high heat to warm up for 1 minute. Then, brown the meatballs on each side for 1-2 minutes, working in batches. Then, place them in a large serving dish to prepare the sauce.
- In the large frying pan (final time using it – yay!), add in the flour. Continuously stir the flour over medium high heat for 1-2 minutes, until slightly browned and toasted.
- Stir in the sea salt, black pepper, and ground nutmeg. Whisk in the milk and broth, bring to a boil, then add in the meatballs to simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Transfer to a serving dish to serve warm. Enjoy!