BY @BRIGHTMOMENTCO / LAUREN SEPHTON
This easy tomato bisque soup has incredible flavor with its freshly roasted tomatoes, oregano, and thyme that have been pulsed with a few other simple ingredients for an irresistible bowl of deliciousness!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 10 roma tomatoes, halved
- 1 garlic head
- 1 white onion, chopped into large pieces
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. 100% extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 cups vegetable stock
- 3/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- fresh basil, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Chop the very top of the whole garlic head off to expose the garlic cloves.
- In a large baking pan, add the halved Roma tomatoes, fresh thyme, chopped onion, garlic head, and fresh oregano. Season with the salt and black pepper, then drizzle with the olive oil.
- Roast for 25 minutes.
- Carefully transfer the mixture to a high-speed blender or food processor, then add the vegetable stock and heavy cream. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Pour back into a pot to heat up until ready to serve. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- To serve, garnish with a small drizzle of heavy cream and olive oil, along with a fresh basil leaf. Enjoy it warm with grilled cheese!