by CASEY CHEEK, ALLTYPESOFBOWLS.COM
apps / dips / meat free / quick meals
Prep Time: 5 Min | Cook Time: 10 Min | Total Time: 15 Min
- 8 oz honey or regular goat cheese
- 4 oz cup ricotta
- 2 tbsp + 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- In a food processor, blend the goat cheese, ricotta, olive oil, salt, cracked black pepper, red pepper flakes, 2 tbsp of honey, and thyme on high speed until creamy and fully incorporated. Transfer to a shallow serving bowl.
- Add the strawberries and honey to a pan and cook on medium low heat. After a couple minutes, add the balsamic vinegar and half the basil. Lower heat and cook for another 5 minutes until strawberries are jammy and the balsamic is reduced.
- Top the whipped goat cheese with a drizzle of honey, red pepper flakes, and the strawberries. Lastly, top with the rest of the basil.
- Serve with toasted baguettes or crackers and enjoy!