by LAUREN SEPHTON (@BRIGHTMOMENTCO)
SHRIMP SPRING ROLLS
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
Total time: 28 minutes
- 1 lb. Shrimp, small to medium-sized, peeled and deveined (thawed if frozen)
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- ½ tsp. EACH: Salt & Black Pepper
- 8-10 Spring Roll Wrappers
- ½ large English Cucumber or 2 Baby Cucumbers, thinly sliced
- ½ small Red Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 Carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 Avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Mustard Microgreens or Alfalfa Sprouts
For the Easy Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce:
- 1/3 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 2 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp. Rice Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Sesame Oil, or Olive Oil
- ½ tsp. Chili Pepper Flakes, or Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- To make the sauce: Combine all ingredients into a small blender or food processor to pulse until smooth. Add ¼ cup water to thin out the sauce, or to taste. Season with salt and black pepper, as well.
- To make the spring rolls: Heat up a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the olive oil to heat up for 1 minute. Add the shrimp to cook 2-3 minutes on each side, until fully cooked. Set aside to cool.
- Prep your wrapping station by placing all the thinly sliced vegetables on a large plate. Place the cooked and cooled shrimp next to it.
- In a shallow bowl or large rimmed plate, add water to ¼” deep.
- Working on one spring roll at a time, dip the wrapper in the water to soften, about 20 seconds. Flip the wrapper to soften both sides.
- Place on a clean working surface to layer. Add 2-3 shrimps in a vertical row in the center, followed by a small amount of the thinly sliced vegetables and microgreens on top.
- Roll up tightly like a burrito. Place on a clean plate. Repeat with remaining spring roll wrappers.
- TIP: Stacking the spring rolls on top of each other may result in them sticking together.
- Enjoy with the peanut butter dipping sauce!