Cheesy Ground Beef & Veggie Hotdish
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- 1 lb. ground beef, or ground bison
- 1 cup corn, frozen or fresh
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large broccoli floret, chopped
- 5-6 rainbow fingerling potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add in 1 tbsp. olive oil to heat up for 1 minute.
- Add in the ground beef, corn, chopped broccoli, and salt to sauté for 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9″ x 9″ casserole dish. Add a layer of chopped tomatoes.
- In a saucepan over medium high heat, add the remaining olive oil. Stir in the flour, then pour in the milk. Whisk until smooth, and there aren’t any more lumps. Mix in the shredded cheese, black pepper, Dijon mustard, and chopped parsley.
- Pour the cheese mixture over the beef mixture.
- Top with a single layer of thinly sliced potatoes.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Let cool 8-10 minutes, then enjoy warm!