by Lauren Sephton, @brightmomentco
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 10 mins
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 large Egg
- 1 Banana, ripe
- 1-2 tbsp. Walnuts, crushed
- 2-3 tbsp. Chocolate Chips (Optional)
- 2-3 tbsp. Hot Water
- Heat up griddle. Brush with a little olive oil to grease.
- Pulse all ingredients, except the chocolate chips and walnuts, in a food processor or blender until a smooth batter. (If using a big blender, pulse the oatmeal first until a flour-like texture.)
- Adjust batter texture to desired consistency, adding more water to thin it out or more flour to make it thicker.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and crushed walnuts.
Cook the pancakes on the hot griddle, using 1/4 cup batter per pancake. Flip once you see bubbles, then cook an additional 1 minutes (both sides should be golden). Enjoy warm