Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Flour
- 3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp. Fine Sea Salt
- Heat 1 1/2 – 2″ of oil in a deep skillet or large frying pot on medium high to 360F.
- In the meantime, bring the water, olive oil, and sugar in a saucepan over medium high heat to a boil.
- Add in the flour and salt, then use a rubber spatula to fold together on medium low heat, stirring constantly, until a smooth dough. (It’s okay if there is still a few dry flour clumps)
- Transfer to a mixing bowl to cool for 5 minutes, then add in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix until a smooth dough (it may break up at the beginning, but after 1-2 minutes it will form back together).
- Transfer the dough to a piping bag with a rounded star tip (~ 1″ diameter).
- Fry in the deep skillet for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel to drain excess oils, then immediately toss in a cinnamon and sugar mix.
- Enjoy warm with a chocolate sauce!