The ART Beat of Forsyth Woman: Veronica Vale | Modern, Stylized Landscape Artist

This month’s featured artist, Veronica Vale, follows adventure wherever it calls her name, taking in breathtaking scenes that she recreates into vibrant, expressive paintings showcasing nature’s beautiful blend of both rugged and delicate details.  How would you describe your work?  I see my paintings as landscapes that present nature through the eyes of an idealist […]

Purpose Push: Birthing Healthy Businesses 

If you’ve started your business, congratulations! You are the mother of a bouncing baby business, Happy Mother’s Day! More importantly, Happy Mother’s Day to those who have birthed real babies, and all praises go to you. No matter how old our businesses are, they will always be our babies and we do our best to […]

Restoration MedSpa: When Seeking Cosmetic Treatments Look for Experience

by MARISA FAIRCLOTH, PA-C If you’ve ever wondered about the difference between a plastic surgeon’s services and the work of Restoration MedSpa, here’s some clarification. I’m sure you’ve heard about wonderful results from facelifts with surgical practices. Perhaps you’ve even read about those results here in this magazine. While I won’t dispute the results, I […]

Junior League of Winston-Salem: Celebrating 100 Years of Community Spirit

photos by 29 and 11th PHOTOGRAPHY In March of 1923, Katharine Reynolds Johnston gathered with a group of 40 ladies on the lake porch of Reynolda House and pondered how they could become more involved in the community. That simple afternoon tea launched a strong mission, and the Junior League of Winston-Salem — the first […]

Women on the Move Conference 2023: All about the SHINE!

photos by MEGAN BLACK PHOTOGRAPHY The second annual Women on the Move Conference [WOMC] delivered even more joy, love, inspiration, and SHINE than anticipated! Approximately 275 empowered women coming together at one venue is always a reason to celebrate, and this amazing spring Monday — March 20, 2023 — was one for the ages! Welcoming […]

Women on the Move

Sydney Rose Wray is the owner of Rust and Roses Bridal. She earned a BA in criminal justice and sociology from UNC-Pembroke and is currently working on her MA in clinical mental health from Liberty University. In addition to opening her online bride boutique that specializes in reception looks, elopements and bridal event outfits, […]

Atrium Health Outpatient Imaging: Trusted Care for Every Woman

Every woman has a story — and maybe a mother, sister, or aunt who’s been touched by breast cancer. Early detection has never been more important, and Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist Outpatient Imaging has made keeping up with mammograms a bit easier. Two convenient locations — in both Winston-Salem and Kernersville — offer hours […]

Homestead Hills: Life Planned Well

by ANDREW PARKER Like all significant decisions in life that create time markers, markers you reference other dates and events from, retirement has to be at the top of the list. You’re either already there, planning what to do when you get there, or so far away you’re not even thinking about it. If you’re […]

Brooke Notes: The Publisher’s Perspective

photo by JODIE BRIM CREATIVE As I’m writing this, we’re just days away from our 2nd annual Women on the Move leadership conference. With nearly 300 in attendance again this year, this is by far our largest event of the year. I love this event so much because it brings everything we love about this […]

Blue Jean Boutique: Be Kind. Be Brave. Be You.

Loving and learning through her years of working in retail and in a variety of boutiques, Amanda Benedict knew her own small business dream would be something unique! Inspired by her idol, Dolly Parton, Amanda knew it was time to launch her own line, and Blue Jean was born! The boutique is all about spreading […]

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Stay up to date with our events and get exclusive article content right to your inbox!