With December being the last month of the year, I always like to find a few moments to reflect. 2023 had its ups and downs, but I’m grateful that the highs significantly outweighed the lows. This was a big year of growth for me and I’m proud of the changes I’ve made since January.
A few of my personal 2023 highlights:
- Our most unique cover to date was published! (February 2023)
- We had an incredible 2nd annual Women on the Move conference at WinMock
- The first ever LKN Magazine Tour de Boutique event was a smashing success! (Save the date for April 27th 2024 to join us next year!)
- Lots of wake surfing, a little snowboarding.
- I learned how to do a bar muscle up! It’s a skill I’ve wanted to get for a very long time. My ever-so-patient boyfriend worked with me countless hours to make this happen.
- I had a long overdue beach trip with my two best friends since high school and it was unforgettable.
- Participated in my first-ever CrossFit competition with my friend, Annika.
- Daily dog walks became a non-negotiable, everyday habit (a game changer for my mental health!).
- The relationship between my mom and me is the best it’s ever been. We’ve finally cracked the code to manage being mother/daughter AND business partners.
- Celebrated one year of Washington Park CrossFit!
I encourage you to take some time to reflect on your year. I heard once that it’s impossible to be grateful and anxious or sad at the same time; reflecting on the highs of the year is a perfect way to practice gratitude.
If you’ve been a Forsyth Woman reader for long, you know we always have an extensive holiday gift guide in our December issue! This year is no different! Be sure to pick up a copy of our print issue and follow us on instagram (@forsythmags) to find something in our gift guide for everyone on your list! And the best part? These gift ideas are all from LOCAL businesses!
“Your money speaks volumes. When you choose to shop local, you’re making a statement about the value of community and the power of local entrepreneurship.”
Oh, and BIG NEWS! Tickets are officially on sale for our 3rd Annual Women on the Move Conference! This event has sold out fast every year and we expect this year to be no different.
From the entire team at Forsyth Mags, we’re wishing you and yours a joyful holiday season!
All my best,