What is Educator Warehouse?
Educator Warehouse is a project of Forsyth Educator Partnership and Winston-Salem Forsyth County Council of PTAs that is located right behind Diggs-Latham Elementary School. They have a huge selection of new and gently-used items to be used by classrooms and teachers! Everything has been donated by individuals, organizations, and businesses from the community for teachers to have what they need in the classroom.
Educator Warehouse is able to offer online shopping for teachers as well as in person shopping. To shop in person, teachers need to sign up online to secure their spot for a specific day. If a teacher is shopping online, they will be able to pick up their items in person at Educator Warehouse. Teachers are able to visit this incredible resource once each quarter on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30-5:30 as well as the first and third Saturdays of each month from 9:00-11:00am (late August through the first of June).
How Can I Get Involved with Educator Warehouse?
There are so many ways that you and everyone you know can support our teachers in Winston-Salem Forsyth County Schools by getting involved with Educator Warehouse. Donating new and gently-used school supplies is a huge need at Educator Warehouse. If you don’t have time to pick things up and drop them off, feel free to shop on Amazon and select the shipment to be delivered to: Diggs Latham Elementary, located at 396 Hutton Street, Winston-Salem, NC 27101.
Check out their donation wish list below!
CLASSROOM AND OFFICE SUPPLIES
- Paper—all colors, sizes, and types, copy paper 8 1/2 x 11
- Pens, pencils, crayons, markers, highlighters, dry erase markers
- Scissors, glue, pencil sharpeners and erasers, pencil boxes & pouches
- Kleenex, wet wipes, disposable gloves, and hand sanitizer
- Post-it/sticky notes, composition notebooks, sheet protectors, & pocket folders
- Staplers, tape dispensers, binder clips, tape, glue sticks, rubber bands, organizers, and more!
- Teacher resource books (Copyright after 2010), children’s books and novels
- Bulletin board materials, posters, arts/crafts & room decor
- Math, Science, Social Studies and Language Arts manipulatives
- Games, puzzles, flash cards and more
MOST NEEDED CORE ITEMS FOR CLASSROOMS:
- Colored Pencils
- Mechanical Pencils
- Notebook Paper
- Scissors (large and small)
- Sharpies, Highlighters, Markers • Glue Sticks, Glue Bottles
- Hand Sanitizer
TOP 12 OFFICE ESSENTIALS:
- Binder Clips
- Paper Clips
- Rubber Bands
- Staplers, Staples, Staple Removers
- Scotch Tape Dispensers, Scotch Tape
- 1, 2 and 3-Hole Punch
- Post-It Notes
- Desk Organizers
- Handheld Calculators
- Jump Drives, CD Disks
- Sheet Protectors
- Pencil Sharpeners
Educator Warehouse is thankful to have their warehouse manager, Kendra. Kendra always needs a team of committed volunteers to keep the impact of Educator Warehouse going strong. Whether you can commit to volunteering once a month or once a week, Educator Warehouse needs you! This is a great opportunity to serve those who serve our community so much. The teachers you will get to meet and help as you volunteer will make you want to come back for more.
Monetary donations are welcomed at Educator Warehouse to further the impact on classrooms in the community. All donations are 100% tax-deductible. You can make an online donation or mail checks payable to Educator Warehouse to: Forsyth Educator Partnership, PO Box 141 – Winston-Salem, NC 27102.
If you have any questions about donating, giving, or volunteering, please contact email@example.com for more information or call 336-671-1078 and Karel Chandler at 336-817-1673.