BY FAMILY SERVICES
Winston-Salem has a lot to be proud of. In recent years, it has been hailed as:
- One of the 14 best places to travel in the U.S.
- Highest average growth in number of small businesses—tied with Charlotte and Austin
- 33rdof Best Large Cities to Start a Business
- 37thon the list of best places to live, out of the 100 most populous cities in the country
- 6thbest place to retire
All these accolades would seem to suggest that Forsyth County is filled with promise for the 24,000 children under age five who live here—all of whom deserve to wake up:
- Safe in their home and neighborhood
- Ready to succeed in school
- Supported within a strong family
Unfortunately, 8,000 of those young children (about one-third) do not wake up this way.
Family Services is working to change that, and you can join us by participating in the Wake-Up Walk & 5 K on August 24th at Bailey Park.
Every step we take together has the power to close the opportunity gap that is preventing our most vulnerable children and their parents from reaching their full potential.
That’s why we are asking you to become their champion and help eliminate the constant stress and pressures of living in poverty.
Your support helps to:
- Ensure that all preschoolers are prepared for success in school.
- Provide access to resources, so that parents can improve the safety and security of their families.
- Reverse the generational cycle of disadvantage in Winston-Salem/Forsyth County.
- Build a better future for all of us.
- Create more opportunities and pave the way for quality Pre-K development programs that will give every child the opportunity to succeed and achieve the American Dream.
When we step up together, we can help all our neighbors rise and shine.
We invite you to help our community put its “best feet” forward by joining us this year for the annual Wake-Up Walk & 5K.
Learn more at WakeUpWalk.org.